Curriculum and Activities
Combining the best of summer “day-camps,” experiential education and athletics, the Academy provides an intensely unique but fun experience for middle school youth where sitting around is minimize, the learning and participating is maximized and the impact is real.
Many of the activities featured at our Academy are below:
- Warm-up, exercise and nutrition instruction for good health and physical fitness.
- A “learn to swim” or “learn to swim better” experience crucial for all youth.
- Exposure to 5-6 sports (some non-traditional such as lacrosse, rugby, archery, low/high ropes, rock climbing, fishing, tennis, volleyball).
- Life skills workshops on topics such as health/nutrition, leadership/service, confidence building, public speaking, manners and etiquette.
- Mentoring sessions with guest speakers such as professional athletes and coaches, Olympic athletes, elected officials, and community, faith and corporate leaders.
- Academic workshops focused on study and organization skills, time management, goal setting, subject specific skills and college/career readiness.
- Purpose driven field trips bringing the goals of the Academy to life for the participants (and to provide an extra element of fun)